PROCESSING ACTIVITIES COVERED
- This Privacy Statement applies to the following processing activities:
- Visiting the Website;
- Visiting our offices;
- Receiving communications from us, including emails, or fax upon request.
2. Our Websites may contain links to other websites, applications, products, or features maintained by third parties (“External Websites”). Stemmler is in no way connected to, nor does it endorse, approve, recommend, or sponsor any External Website, and has no responsibility or liability related to or arising from your use of any External Website. The information and/or practices of such External Websites are governed by the applicable third-party terms and conditions, rules and regulations including privacy statements, for which you have the sole responsibility to review in order to better understand those third parties’ terms, conditions and practices. By accessing External Websites, you acknowledge and agree that your use of the External Websites may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Stemmler has not provided such information, and you agree to indemnify and hold Stemmler harmless for all activity related to External Websites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the Cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages, services, or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about Cookies, and how to disable Cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Sessions” is data stored temporarily in computer memory on our servers during your browsing session and often include an anonymous unique identifier. – “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- We also collect certain information from you which we refer to as “Registrant Information”:
- when you request any sales information or other documentation through the Website, express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our “Contact Us” or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, when we collect certain contact information from you, including your name, email address, phone number, city, address, company name, job title, how you heard about us, and your interest, as well as username and password if applicable;
- if you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising).
- We may use Registrant information for a range of reasons, including:
- to develop, provide, operate, optimize, and maintain our website.
- to send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- for recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Stemmler.
- to respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- to manage our Website and system administration and security.
- to improve the navigation and content of our website.
- to identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- to compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our visitors.
- to carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- to customize content and layout of the Website.
- to promoting security of our Website.
- to handle contact and user support requests.
- to carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. These include:
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- We may also share your Personal Information with our contracted service providers which provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- You have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted as permitted by all applicable law, including without limitation GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and other relevant international statutes, rules, regulations, and obligations.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information and the right to withdraw your consent at any time and request deletion of your Personal Information on written notice to Stemmler.
- Note that we are at all times processing your information in order to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, and if you are a European resident, your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- If you would like to exercise your rights to withdraw your consent, request restriction or deletion of your Personal Data or other information associated with your account, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests in a commercially reasonable time, and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request.
- We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, as outlined above. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation). Generally, logs expire within 60-90 days from collection, Google Analytics within two years, and email information as may be determined by Stemmler from time to time.
17. After expiry of the retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of the Personal Data.
- We take precautions including organizational, technical, and physical measures, to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices, and signing out of the Website after your sessions. If you have any questions about the security of our Website, please contact us via the “Contacting Us” section below.
- For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us through our Data Protection Officer by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Stemmler Meats & Cheese
3031 Lobsinger Line
Heidelberg ON N0B 2M1